The Grey Wolf

The Grey Wolf
As I proceed in my project I will continue to reflect on one of the top predators, the Grey Wolf.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Throughout my "final project" I have come across more topics that I need to research to get a better understanding of. For example the only thing I knew about the moose was that it had four stomachs and that it re-chews its food. I then researched how the food actually goes through the moose and found that the food goes through the first two stomachs after being slightly chewed, then after the moose has had its share of food and is full it will spit the food back up to re-chew it, which it then goes into the last two stomachs before being digested and released as waste.

This process is the same for the mountain goat as well. Although, while I was researching the mountain goat I found that this form of digestion helps keep the animal safe from predators. The goat will retreat into the mountains because the digestion takes a while and the animal is safer in the rocky cliffs to continue the process compared to being exposed to predators while trying to re-chew the curd.
I have only just recently finished my slide of herbivores on my "final project" and I am now starting to do the carnivores category. I will inform you guys later on what new information I come across.

Pictured here is a basic diagram of the Moose's digestive tract

4 comments:

  1. There is a lot of information in this blog I didn't know about the Moose, for instance that the food he chews goes in two stomachs first and the is spit up and then goes through the other 2 stomachs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of information in this blog I didn't know about the Moose, for instance that the food he chews goes in two stomachs first and the is spit up and then goes through the other 2 stomachs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this blog is interesting. Though I don't see how a food web ties into everything. I think that you could make a chart showing how the animals like the goat and domestic cow's stomachs are similar. I will definitely look forwards to see how the wolfs stomach works. Are you going to expand the animals out of the forest and into other areas in the future? I think that the most important part to the blog is a lot of organisation witch shows that you are definitely interested in this topic and willing to put a lot of time into it. How will this help you for what you want to do when you grow up? What are you interested in doing when you grow up? After doing this blog you have learned quite a lot, but is there more questions that have opened up and if so have you found answers you were looking for. What first made you interested in the digestive track of animals? It just seems like an odd thing to get into. In the future are you planning on expanding your findings in other ways? I don't know the best ways to do that. For some more ideas you could go into some of the diseases that are found in these animal's stomachs and how they are gotten. There is a video on YouTube of a cow with a hole in its stomach. This could give you a better inside what how things work in their stomachs. It shows kind of how much each stomach processes food. I found it a long time ago and it might have changed or there may be more videos out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tHe cOmMenT aBovE mAy haVe sOmE MisAkes iN It= i aM SorY.

    ReplyDelete